Friday, December 28, 2012

Five Years Ago

Five years ago, I wished I had my dream wedding – romantic ceremony in front of a serene lake, candid photography shots - equally dreamy and magical, lanterns awaiting in line, I look amazingly beautiful in a soft curled hair and perfect make up, choir in angelic voices, violin playing in the background...

I’ve never imagined the hassles I would meet. 

My father threatened me that he would not attend the wedding if I would not tag along to what he prefers. D*** all his manipulative approaches again. I threw my mobile phone on the wall hours before the Christmas Eve out of anger. That's the utmost anger of my life.

I’ve never felt the presence of a friend who promised to coordinate my wedding. 

Another friend told me not to ask for her help for my wedding. But she had these criticisms, high opinions and all. Hmp! 

The custom-made wedding gown didn’t make a good fit at all. I cried and cried a lot because of this. Good thing, I was able to resolve this. I had it repaired and got my wedding gown the morning of my wedding day! 

On that big day, instead of a blissful wedding, these mishaps I’ve come across:

My haemorrhoids (eewww!!!) were attacking me big time! Men, it hurt sooo much even with anti-pain meds! 

My bridesmaids left me because they need to dress up. The photographer helped me to put my wedding gown on! 

The hair and make-up guy did not curl my hair and just ignore my efforts in searching for the perfect wedding hair. 

The hood of the bridal car which I just borrowed had been broken... 

While in the road, we met a funeral procession... I was late. 

The bridesmaids, the flower girls - they had curly hairs! 

The electricity tripped while the best man was singing “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman. 

Lumulubog ang takong ng sapatos ko sa lupa! 

Sumasabit ang mahabang belo ko sa halaman! 

I wasn’t able to eat the whole day! I had my first bite during the reception. Ours was an evening wedding! 

I didn’t want to attend weddings after my wedding. I was bitter. I didn’t want to feel jealous or envious. I didn’t want to feel bad. 

That.was.sooo.five.years.ago. 

But all was worth it. Those kapalpakan, kamalasan and all. (If you call those kapalpakan and kamalasan.) Because I was married to the greatest man on earth, to the most suitable gentleman, to the most handsome guy. I was married to the only guy who can make me laugh to the silliest jokes, who transformed me to a greatest fan to even his most half-baked art. I am married to a man who sees me, treats me and makes me feel BEAUTIFUL everyday even if I haven’t brushed my teeth nor washed my face yet... even if I have just woke up. I am married to the guy who catches my pee during those times I couldn't stand on my own.

All those griefs, mishaps, misfortunes, “catastrophes” were now becoming blurry. All I can remember vividly now is his face oh-so bright and vibrant, beaming with smile, eyes sparkling with love while I walk down the aisle. 


I may not get the wedding I was dreaming of but I was married to the guy of my dreams! I am exceedingly joyful. Truly, the good Heaven knows the perfect one for me. GOD did not hesitate to send me His wonderful gift. No words can describe how grateful this heart is, for finding its other half... for finding its match. 

I have realized just now – fairytales don’t tell us nor show us “the happily ever after”. But, I am living it at the moment in the arms of my love. 


Happy 5th Anniversary VE! I love you so much! San tayo kakain mamaya? (Sabay ganon? Hahaha!!!)

December 29, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment