(I selected this post to be featured on Top Mommy Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!)
Nang sinabi ni Kris Aquino sa KrisTV na she prefers condos over house and lot, kasi ang house and lot, hindi natatapos, laging may renovation, laging pa-dagdag ng pa-dagdag, laging may-naiisip para pagandahin ito, I couldn't agree more. Heto nga, our home's construction is already over. And yet, this restless of mind of mine has a new project again. Ano na naman? Gastos na naman? Oh well, this is a just mini plan, can be implemented in the next few months or early next year.
This is the back of our home. Yes, it's all white since we haven't had it painted yet with last coating, only with primer paint. But it's not the paint which is my next project.
This is the back door - from dining area, it leads to lanai. When there are heavy downpours, and the wind is facing to the direction of the door, you can expect the rain water coming in.
Hence, I am thinking of adding a pergola to the lanai. Not only it would add protection from the rain, it would serve also an additional shade for us from the heat of the sun. We can enjoy more staying outdoors! Plus, an extension to our living space. And yes, this place is one of the sources of ventilation in the house. So, imagine how relaxing it would be to stay here especially in the morning or late afternoon. I would also love to imagine staying in the lanai once our backyard has been landscaped. Exciting!
Here are some pictures of pergolas I have gathered from the web. These were downloaded long time ago and unfortunately, I was not able to remember where I get all these.
White wooden trellis. I will always love white - I don't know. For me, nothing beats white when it comes to freshly vibe. What I just don't like is the maintenance. You can easily spot the dirt. I also love the idea of planting climbing plants or vines but I am afraid of snakes.
Look at the roots clinging at the top of the trellis - looks scary! You may never know, while having your afternoon siesta in the lanai, a snake may fall on you! Yaiks!!! How about putting a net? What kind of net? Any idea? And I'm thinking, if it is an open trellis or there aren't any roofs, we cannot stay under the trellis if it is raining.
Another example of pergola - this time with roof. I think the roof is made of polycarbonate - a very versatile, resilient plastic. Looks sosyal! I am taking a closer if it's a wooden trellis or a metal one.
Another wooden trellis but with natural color. I am planning of hanging plants of various kinds as well. It looks so relaxing and refreshing. Oh well, I do not have any gardening skills. Maybe, my mother-in-law will come to the rescue! Hehe...
| musingsofaseawitch.blogspot.com |
This one has a foldable roof - great idea to enjoy both open or shaded lanai. But I don't know if there is something similar that is available here in the Philippines. If I have it customized, what material should I use? And who can do this thing?
(I selected this post to be featured on Top Mommy Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!)





No comments:
Post a Comment