Now, I have to have more information regarding the materials to use, the pros and cons, and most importantly, the cost - if it's within my budget. These things will greatly help in decision making. Of course, the other 50% vote will be coming from hubby.
Wooden vs Metal Trellis
Wood
![]() |
| edpdesignplan.com wooden trellis with polycarbonate roof |
Pros:
- For me, nothing compares to the natural beauty of wooden trellis, especially when it is used in the garden. It gives a very tropical vibe.
- Cheaper. Or, it depends on what kind of wood.
- Wood is going to dry out, shrink, split or crack, can rot and decay over time.
- Most woods are not naturally resistant to moisture and insects
Metal
![]() |
| perfectdeco.com.sg metal trellis with polycarbonate roof |
- More sturdy and durable
- Can last longer
- Prone to rusting but can be maintained by painting occasionally. But, if aluminum metal is used, then it will not rust.
- A little bit pricey than wood.
Cost Estimate for 9x2m Space*
Materials / Labor | No. Of Units | Unit Cost | Sub Total |
Tubular Metal # 14 x 2 x 4 x 20 | 6 pcs | 1120 | 6720 |
Tubular Metal # 14 x 2 x 6 x 20 | 2 pcs | 1900 | 3800 |
G.I. Pipe # 20 x 3 x 20 | 2 pcs | 1700 | 3400 |
Flat Alum Bars 1/8 x 1 x 2 m | 7 pcs | ? | ? |
Welding Rod | 5 kg | ? | ? |
Polycarbonate (9 x 2 m) | 1 pc | ? | ? |
1 Skilled Worker | 4 days | 450 | 1800 |
1 Laborer | 4 days | 350 | 1400 |
Grand Total | ? | ? |
* All prices are in Philippine Peso
Since I think we would opt for metal framing of pergola, I have only asked for the prices of metal materials.
But, oh! I wasn't able to get the prices for flat bars, welding rod and polycarbonate. My bad! I will come back to this post for more updates.
Which do you prefer - the wooden or metal one? Do you have one in your home? How much did it cost you?
Since I think we would opt for metal framing of pergola, I have only asked for the prices of metal materials.
But, oh! I wasn't able to get the prices for flat bars, welding rod and polycarbonate. My bad! I will come back to this post for more updates.
Which do you prefer - the wooden or metal one? Do you have one in your home? How much did it cost you?


No comments:
Post a Comment