Sunday, February 24, 2013

A giveaway, a watch and a love story...

Ms. Patty Laurel’s blog is the latest blog I’m following. I love her overall style of writing, her bubbly personality, her good heart, her faith in GOD and her cute and charming dimples! Now, she’s my favorite blogger ever! And because I’m her avid blog follower, I have read that she’s giving away a pair of HIS&HERS  Vintage Inspired Casio watches with the help of Ecru&Lime.



I thought that the mechanics is just a simple one. Just LIKE and TWEET her giveaway blog post, LIKE the Ecru&Lime FB Page, post a photo of you and your sweetheart on their FB page and tell them why you deserve to win these watches. But when my eyes caught the word “deserve”, I become a li’l disheartened. Not that because I don’t deserve to win, I do. I’m just thinking that everyone who knows how to love deserves to win. And I have this great belief that a lot of human beings have the capability to truly love…

Anyways, Ms. Pat you said… watches?

Eight years ago, I attended a love and courtship seminar/activity wherein we're asked to give up the MOST SIGNIFICANT possession we had at that moment. I gave up the wristwatch given to me by my late mother. It's not that expensive because we're not rich, but it was the most costly personal gift ever given to me! It wasn’t easy but I loosed my grip wholeheartedly and placed the watch in the basket. My mother worked so hard just to buy me that gift. And that night, I surrendered that most treasured possession to the LORD as a symbol that I'm ENTRUSTING Him my love life... that I'm gonna WAIT for the man of His will… that I'm SUBMITTING myself to His plan and perfect TIMING… that I’m letting Him to have His way on my future relationship.



And GOD has been faithful to His promise. He has given me the precious gift I’ve been waiting for such a long time! What a great celebration indeed! But, through some twist of fate, my beloved needs to work abroad. And now the love of my life has been living and working far away from me for almost 8 looooong years already.  Yes, sometimes we see each other during his vacations but still… Siiiggghhh… The feeling of being distant from the one you love is a day-to-day agony, a constant battle against sadness, anxiety, longingness and fear. Mehn, it's sooooo hhhaaaaarrrrddd!!! (As if you'll be having a heart attack any time! Depression at its finest! Loneliness to the highest level!) I am now having a lot of questions. Aren't You GOD being unfair? How can GOD allow the love of my life be separated from my arms? How can He tolerate all these bucketful tears to fall down from our eyes? The Bible says, “…where you go, I will go…” I know it’s God’s will for us to be together. But, when Lord? When? When can we be finally together and live happily? When all our youthful strength is gone? When we're already old and our hair is white and grey? When we're too old for some kilig and romance? When we're already used to live alone and we don't need each other anymore? Ican go on and on and on with my questions. But deep down the bottom of my heart, at the very edge of my soul, I know He has His noble reasons. And I should choose to believe that He has great plans for us, to give us hope and a future. Maybe, instead of wrestling against time, I should wait patiently and make every moment count.



It's so funny how through Ms. Pat’s giveaway, GOD reminds me of this old wristwatch of mine and how I surrendered my most treasured possession for His perfect timing and will. It may be long, long time ago, but He truly has a lot of ways to speak to us. I believe He is reminding me to put my TRUST on HIM once again and to WAIT patiently with joy. Now, that's the essence of time!



There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to tear and a time to mend...

He has made everything beautiful in its time. 
- Ecclesiastes 3:4, 5a, 7a, 11

Wow! I'm even more reminded, enlightened and comforted! Thank You Lord!

Hhhmm... now I wonder where is that old wristwatch? Just kidding... Hehe...
Hhhmm... maybe GOD wants to replace that! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment