Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sam, music and his keyboard


Sam is lovin' music. He dances gracefully when the music in the cartoon he's watching is playing. There's a dog that taps his feet and he taps his feet as well! He enjoys listening and singing to the ABC song from his ipad and when I sing. He also loves the number song being played by his toy car. He moves his fingers to the tune of Itsy-Bitsy spider. In every music played, he dances, sings, jumps and laughs... he's energized and he's happy. Recently, I bought him a new toy guitar because he accidentally destroyed the old one. He keeps on carrying it on his neck like a necklace. He's now practicing do-re-mi, with the help of Mommy of course!

Yes, music is a great form of entertainment to him. But I believe more than that, he's getting a whole lot more of benefits. It aids in developing his brain and contributes to his rich sensory. He becomes more creative, he learns and memorizes more easily, he feels accomplished and confident, and we get to have more mommy-child bonding moments that we both enjoy.

Last week (or maybe last, last week), I bought him a flute. He's exceedingly happy when he's able to blow it and produce a sound. He even mimics me when I'm moving my fingers to the holes. Note: I have already forgotten how to play flute. We're just playing it by blowing it, without producing any tune at all. Haha! And early this week, his Lolo Papu brought him a keyboard. At first, he's just hitting it. After a day or two, there's an improvement to the movement of his fingers. It's not like he can play Twinkle, twinkle. But, he's now touching every key one by one and sometimes pretend to play a masterpiece! lol One more thing, he often plays the demo song, then suddenly stops it as if he's on a stop-dance game. Cute, li'l tot!

toddler playing keyboard
toddler playing keyboard
kid playing keyboard



They say that when a toddler is introduced to violin or piano lesson at an early age, his coordination will be greatly developed and he'll be good in Math and Science.  So, I'm thinking of enrolling him in a music class. But I'm not yet decided at what age. Also, I need to scout for a refutable music school or look for a good music tutor. (Now my mind is thinking of Suzuki method. Hehe...) But, I don't have a plan to pressure him, okie? Hehe... Methinks only.

Mommies, did you enroll your kids in a music class? If yes, at what age? (And, how much? Haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment