Recently, we have just transferred to our new home. I have all these new appliances - including my La Germania electric oven. I bought it in Abenson Appliance store and have it installed on the month of July, last year. I haven't used it since then. What happened to my joy of baking? There was never a day that I'm not busy. So...
Today, the weather is cold, it's been raining since dawn. Everyone is just inside the house. I am just relaxing a bit. (I slept at 5:00 a.m.) Sam just wants to be cuddled like a baby. The day seems so lethargic. And out of nowhere I just exclaimed, I want to bake some oatmeal cookies! Maybe, my subconscious mind traveled back to Japan where I used to bake some cookies for Sam, because of the cold weather. lol. And yaya keeps on reminding me to bake the carrot cake mix that's been in the cabinet for a very long time. This is gonna be exciting.
Guess what happened? I used my electric oven for the very first time! Congratulations to me!
I baked a carrot cake and lot of oatmeal raisin cookies! But it has become very challenging because of one little tot!
Yep, he kept on getting my cooking mittens!
Can you see how big the cookies are?! Haha! The first batch of cookies are bigger than the cookies we usually buy in the grocery stores.
I'll feel wonderful if he's going to eat a lot of this healthy carrot cake! It's not even sliced yet while I'm typing this. Everyone is still full from the lugaw and tokwa we had during merienda.
I wonder when will I ever bake again! But I want to learn how to bake a lot of goodies, decorate cakes with icing and yada... yada... Let's see...
Hey, do you have any baking tips to share with me?


No comments:
Post a Comment