Tonight, I remember this post of long ago about stability. So, I quickly jumped into my old private blog and looked for the post. And at this point, I wanna share it with you.
September 6, 2007
| Source |
I am not alone. Many people are perfectly just like me. Many people are “moody” just like me.
God puts us in a situation we don’t want to be in order us to grow. If we try to go to the left, we’re blocked. When we try to turn to the right, we’re blocked. All ways are blocked! He even surrounds us with people who are driving us crazy! It’s because He’s doing a work in our lives…
Phil 1:28 – And do not [for a moment] be frightened or intimidated in anything by your opponents and adversaries, for such [constancy and fearlessness] will be a clear sign (proof and seal) to them of [their impending] destruction, but [a sure token and evidence] of your deliverance and salvation, and that from God.
Stability is a clear sign to the enemy of his defeat and a sign to GOD to deliver us.
It is foolish to be upset at all times because it doesn’t solve our problems. There are many things in store for us but GOD is waiting for us to become stable. GOD has given us gifts, talents and calling. But these are only released when we get stability in our lives. If we only do what we feel like doing, we will never walk in victory. Grow up and become stable!
Psalm 94:12-13 - Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whom You discipline and instruct, O Lord, and teach out of Your law, that You may give him power to keep himself calm in the days of adversity, until the [inevitable] pit of corruption is dug for the wicked.
Maturity shows up when we remain calm even though the circumstances are not calm. Stability is a sign of maturity.
3 John 2 – Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.
A prosperous soul is stable.
When we follow our feelings instead of following the Word of GOD - that’s the problem.
We should learn to praise GOD amidst our tears and raise up our hands in intense pain. Bring GOD the sacrifice of praise. I don’t feel like it but I’m gonna do it.
A moody person is difficult to live with. A moody person is hard to enjoy.
People who have a lot of mood swings have a hard time enjoying themselves and other people are having difficulties enjoying them too. So get up, stand up and live a life of stability, a life of victory!
Lord I hunger and cry out for stability…END.
Wow! 2007. Five years ago. I wonder why I suddenly remember this message. I should know, really. This line "If we only do what we feel like doing, we will never walk in victory" hit me big time! Yes and yes... I have my responsibilities. I have my obligations. There are lots of more important things that I need to do, there are tons of tasks I need to finish. But, I'm not working on those things. Why? Because, I don't feel like it. I want to do something else. Yet, even if I do what I want to do, I am not completely happy. There's a nagging voice at the back of my mind - do these things, finish your chores, prioritize, la la la la la... And so every single day, I'm living this self-inflicted stress. Surely, I need to heed that voice.
Once again, be reminded... Grow up and become stable!
No comments:
Post a Comment