Sunday, November 11, 2012

Turquoise in our Home

I told you that I love turquoise sooo much. So, I will share these areas in our home painted with my favorite color.

Guess what? This is a sliding door to the ground floor bathroom. The door is made from residual 1x2 wood, painted with different shades of turquoise. This door should have been prettier if there are more horizontal lines affixed, but we couldn't do that. Otherwise, the door would be soooo heavy.

Bath room in the ground floor.

Sam's play area turned to temporary dining room

Door

I designed these drawers painted with different shades of turquoise... my favorite! Guess whose room is this? 

Accent wall for Sam's room. The other walls are painted with off-white. Yes, the same with his play area.

Hallway. Originally, it's not turquoise. I don't like the first one and there's a left-over turquoise paint. So you know what happened next. Hehe... Yuck for the slippers and shoes there! Hahaha!!!

I painted these flower pots.

There's no ready-made turquoise paint from Boysen. So, I have it mixed from the hardware store and  the minimum amount should be 1 gallon. Now, I don't need a lot of turquoise paint so 1 gallon is enough. But, I've added more white to  the original mix to increase the paint's volume; thereby, allowing more areas to be coated with a little lighter turquoise.

It's not so obvious that I love turquoise right? LOL. But these areas are still waiting for some lovin'. Soon...

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of the turquoise in your new home!! Looks great with all the white! My favorite thing is the drawers with the 3 different colors...so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that so well (judging by your blog)! I think you LOVE TURQUOISE more than I do! Haha!!! Those drawers are my favorite too! Thanks for dropping by Erin! I greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower pots, are those yours? hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! Bought 6 pcs for P100. But, I don't want to paint pots anymore, sakit sa neck! Haha!!! It took me 5 to 6 hours? LOL. White first then turquoise. Oh, I also painted 4 smaller pots - but not included in the photos above.

    ReplyDelete