Friday, November 23, 2012

Online Window Shopping: Affordable and Stylish Ceiling Lights from Ikea

Our home doesn't have decent ceiling lights yet. So, I'm kinda on a hunt for stylish yet affordable pendant lamps. I have already window-shopped from other stores but haven't finalized my selections yet. See my post about it here. I thought of checking out Ikea for some lights and I'm thrilled that they have these chic and reasonably priced lamps I am looking for!

I browsed through Ikea Hongkong website since there is no Ikea store yet here in the Philippines. Let's take a look at my picks. The prices are in Hongkong Dollars (HKD). One HKD is equal to PHP 5.2952 as of this writing.

ikea pendant lampshade
These 3 for the living area. But, I supposed these lamp shades are made from paper. Yes, I'm right. The product description says that the shades are made from rice paper. Oh, too bad. I am looking for a durable material that can last longer.


ikea modern pendant lamp
This is 60cm in diameter. Hhhmm, I'm thinking if one piece of this pendant lamp is big enough or proportional to our living area. The living area spans two floors or opens from second floor to ground floor. But, my original plan is 3 lamps of various lengths and sizes. How about hanging this lamp in the master's bedroom? Think. think.
 
ikea modern LED pendant lamp
For the dining room. Reminds me of Kim Chiu's and Vice Ganda's dining areas. Hehe...

ikea modern pendant lamp
Girls's room

ikea LED chandelier
Sam's room. When I first saw this, I remember Albert Einstein. LOL.


ikea ceiling lamp
For the kitchen

ikea ceiling lamp
Or, how about this for the kitchen?


For the family and Sam's play area, I am planning of installing ceiling fan with light. Appliance store, next! 

Spotted! Ikea PS Maskros pendant lamp! It looks good indeed in the living area. But the ceiling in this space is low. It is very hard to imagine (and decide) if you don't see the actual objects hanging in the actual space. (I salute you interior designers!)
ikea modern pendant lamp in the white living room

Now that I have already some choices from Ikea Hongkong, how in the world can I buy these lamps and have them shipped here in the Philippines? Online orders are for Macau only. Hhhmmm... let's wait and see. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Guys trust me Ikea is really affordable and best place to buy products. Often I visit such websites for online affordable shopping. I have also suggested this to many friends of mine.

    ReplyDelete