Thursday, November 15, 2012

Roller Shades for our Windows


It’s time to hide our tacky window grills. It’s time to give our windows some love. Hence, I am looking for different kinds of roller shades for window coverings.

Roller shades swatches
The first photo from the upper left are swatches for combi blinds. Combi blinds costs P250 per sq ft. The rest are the swatches for ordinary blinds. Each swatch has different thickness and sun blocking level. The cost is P175 per sq ft. 


combi blinds
Trying out the combi blinds in our window. I don't like that the window grills are still visible.

combi blinds
I think the combi blinds looks better on plain glass panels. Combi blinds on grills like ours just look unclean.

roller shades
How about some stripes? Hhhhmm, I think the lines in our home is already enough. 
I don't want to add more lines in the living area.

roller shades
Let's give a turn to the plain off-white. I like it better but want a thicker one. Total blackout material, maybe.

roller shades
Grey for Sam's bedroom. What do you think?

roller shades
This time, white with some grey. My mother-in-law and I kinda prefer this one. 

roller shades
Beige with stripes on melon orange wall. Not bad.

When you order a custom-made roller shade, there is a minimum size of 15 sq ft. So, even if the window size is smaller than 15 sq ft, you will still have to pay for the cost of the minimum size.

For our home, the roller shades will cover only 3 large, 1 medium and 6 small windows, not the whole house. And it will cost approximately P35,000 for Rainbow, a Korean brand. I'm still a little bit hesitant. I want to look for other options - swatches, designs, thickness, light control, color, price etc. Do you have any recommendations? Please leave a comment below. I will appreciate it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment