Usually, you add bacon when you cook carbonara, right? Actually, I have another version. Since, I’m not fond of buying bacon; I am using canned tuna instead. And tuna is healthier! Plus... cheaper. *Grin*
So, I was planning to cook carbonara for lunch or afternoon snack but to my dismay, we had neither bacon nor tuna! Craving to the maximum level pa naman ako! There’s no ground meat! What am I gonna substitute? And then, I saw a light bulb! Chicken! And not just chicken, but I want a fried chicken on top!
Wait, I do remember that there is something like “chicken alfredo”! Is that what I saw in the light bulb?
For all of you to know, I am not good in cooking. And this year, maybe, I have only cooked 3 to 4 times. That’s why, cooking is a struggle. *Laughs*
What is the difference between the two? You know, I really don’t care. But for the sake of blogging, I have to know. *Wink*
Okay, Alfredo is a white sauce. It is made from butter, parsley, heavy cream and minced garlic. It is often mixed with ingredients like parsley, shrimp, garlic and chicken.
Carbonara, on the other hand, may come a bit chilly than the alfredo sauce because of the black pepper. It is also made from pecorino romano (huwaatt?), eggs, and guanciale (huwwwaaattt?). *&$^@#$!!! I didn’t curse. My tongue was just twisted. I couldn’t read it! Lol! I therefore conclude that (do you remember your high school days? Science subject?) what I just cooked was chicken alfredo! Why? I don’t even know what pecorino romano and guanciale are, so chicken alfredo na lang. Hahaha!
So much of the kwento. Now, enjoy looking at the sumptuous pasta I have prepared. Naks!
| "Fried" Chicken Alfredo |
Here’s how I cooked it:
Ingredients:
Pasta
Butter (1 to 2 tbsp)
Minced Garlic
Del Monte Carbonara Sauce (don’t argue, it’s indicated in the label that we can use this sauce for Chicken Alfredo... hehe)
Parsley
Fried Chicken (yes, o di ba sosyal!)
Cheese (Parmesan cheese is recommended. But we have only cheddar cheese in the ref, pwede na yun!)
Cooking Procedure:
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
2. Melt the butter onto the heated pan.
3. Add the minced garlic. After a few minutes, pour in the Carbonara sauce.
4. Stir continuously for, hhmmm, 5 to 8 minutes, I guess.
5. Remove the sauce from the pan and combine with the cooked pasta. Top with diced fried chicken, parsley and grated cheese.
Tada! Quick and easy meal!
Do you find this post inspiring, interesting or useful? Please leave a comment. Don't miss any updates. Like my page on Facebook.
| "Fried" Chicken Alfredo Main Ingredients |
Cooking Procedure:
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
2. Melt the butter onto the heated pan.
3. Add the minced garlic. After a few minutes, pour in the Carbonara sauce.
4. Stir continuously for, hhmmm, 5 to 8 minutes, I guess.
5. Remove the sauce from the pan and combine with the cooked pasta. Top with diced fried chicken, parsley and grated cheese.
| My "Fried" Chicken Alfredo |
Do you find this post inspiring, interesting or useful? Please leave a comment. Don't miss any updates. Like my page on Facebook.
ANG masasabe ko lang gusto ko sila both:-)
ReplyDeleteTama!!! Me too! Hahaha!
ReplyDelete