The day before yesterday, I craved for pasta, so I cooked Chicken Alfredo. Since there was a leftover pasta in the fridge, this time, I thought of cooking spaghetti. I planned to use corned beef and spaghetti sauce. But the sauce we have in the cabinet is soooo big - and I don't want to keep leftovers again. So, I need to think of different options. Hhhmm...
Aha! I remember I've read something from the magazine. It's a spaghetti sauce using sardines. (Before that, I never thought that you can actually use sardines in spaghetti!) So, I flipped the magazine pages and found the Curried Sardine Spaghetti. I made some modifications to the original recipe depending on the availability of the ingredients and amount of the leftover pasta. I replaced the tomato sauce with tomato ketchup and removed the chili sauce. I just added more black pepper to make it more spicy. You can find the original recipe here.
| Curried Sardine Spaghetti |
Ingredients:
leftover pasta
1 medium can sardines in tomato sauce
olive oil
onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, finely chopped
curry powder
tomato ketchupfresh parsley, chopped
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Cooking Directions:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add onions and then garlic, sautéing until softened. Add the curry powder and sauté until you can smell the aroma. Add sardines, including its sauce, and mash with a spoon. Pour in tomato ketchup, and let simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the leftover pasta and toss until well combined. Add water if dry. Season again if desired. Stir in parsley before serving. Serve while hot.
| Curried Sardine Spaghetti |
Taste test. I was so surprised!!! The sardines taste was not overpowering. The curry just blended perfectly with the sardines. It reminded me of the Japanese versions of spaghetti. If I weren't the the one who cooked the dish, I would have second thoughts if it contains sardines or not. It was really a delightful and delicious dish! I'm so proud of myself. Hahaha!!! (Told you I'm not good in cooking, so a simple dish can make me soo happy!)
Ayos ang merienda!
Do you find this post inspiring, interesting or useful? Please leave a comment. Don't miss any updates. Like my page on Facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment