MOMA is the smallest furniture store (I have ever visited) located at the second floor of Alabang Home Depot. It may be small, but it is my favorite. It is the home of modern, mid-century classic chairs. I could still remember my delight looking at the chairs one by one.
The not-so-ordinary store staff looked like he’s not a staff – more of a gym instructor or fitness trainer. He’s wearing a black, body-fit shirt and a pair of pants. Just try to imagine his physique, okay? More than that, what made him extraordinary is that he’s like a walking-talking encyclopedia of chairs! He knows every mid-century chair by name, its designer, the year it was designed – yes, the history! You really can tell that I was so fascinated!
Okay, so much of him. Let’s look at some of the chairs:
The red one is the Womb Chair by Saarinen. I love the wooden side table beside the two-seater sofa.
Eiffel Base Shell Chair by Eames, in different styles. This chair is usually used as a dining chair. The one with the arm can be used as an accent chair.
The wow chair. Joke! This L-shaped sofa just made me exclaimed "wow" because it's sooo handsome. (I'm talking about the sofa, okay.) Made from genuine cowhide leather and stainless steel base. Costs around P130-150k!
Looks like an ordinary three-seater sofa but made of high quality and expensive fabric. I love the color.
Barcelona ottoman
Ghost Chair by Philippe Starck. We even rampaged the stock area. *Laughs*
Wegner Style Shell Chair. My favorite. Tried this one, surprisingly super comfy and ergonomical.
Astonished because I know the name of the chairs? It's because of the "hunk" store staff's influence!
Unfortunately, Moma is not very active online so we could not find more information about it. We can just visit the store at the second floor of Alabang Home Depot.
Ghost chair..WOw! great idea..! You have a lovely collection
ReplyDeletecontract restaurant chairs