Sunday, January 13, 2013

Just My Thoughts on Giving

I was in a jeepney one Saturday morning. And there was a boy who got in and distributed envelopes to all the passengers. He began to play using an instrument - something like a... drum? It was written in the envelope that he's a Badjao and he's asking for some monetary support.

I don't usually give in to that. I just simply ignore those fellas. Yeah, for most people, that is just a gimmick. Well, at that moment, I just thought that he's not gonna do that if he's not suffering from poverty, right?

So, I put out some money from my pocket... Just wanted to give something for the kid... He's making his efforts by showing his talent anyway.

To my surprise, every single passenger in the jeepney started to reach for their wallets too! It’s not a usual sight, I tell you. Nobody is ever willing to hand even a single penny for such.

It.struck.me. Big time! I started a small fire, it burned the whole forest!

That is a mere example...

People are just waiting for someone who would take the initiative.
People are just looking for someone who would take the lead.

LORD, I pray that You would enable me to make a difference wherever I am.

Originally written last April 2, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment